Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VALENTINES RED.



I'm not really that much of a red person, or a Valentines day person for that matter,
but I cant help loving red just for one day on February 14 every year.
It makes me want to go out and by a red dress or wear red lipstick (check) or paint all of my nails red (double check).
I'm usually of the opinion that Valentines day is a commercial holiday meant to force a spike in retail sales and for the most part I'm right, but I also think maybe it's a good excuse for all those guys and girls (not unlike myself) that maybe don't show their loved ones how much they care everyday, to express how much they care and appreciate those around them.
As much I try to focus on whats important in life such as friends, family and health, rather than what I have, I can't deny that receiving chocolate or roses never fails to put me in a good mood.
Maybe instead of Valentines day being recognised as a day to celebrate love between couples, it should instead just celebrate love. Plain and simple.
xxx

1 comment: